ECONOMIC IMPACT STUDY SURVEY
Your information counts!! We are wrapping up the 2018 Economic Impact Survey and need at least 3 more responses. Please take the time to complete this short survey which is so important for the Dealer body. The data compiled from these surveys provides a critical legislative and public relations tool for SCADA.
Email, mail or fax results directly to Auto Outlook:
FAX: (610) 640-2907
mailing address: PO Box 390, Exton, PA 19341
COUNTERFEIT MONEY WARNING
A dealership from the Florence area asked that we pass along a warning to all Dealers concerning counterfeit money. His Dealership received some questionable cash that actually passed the pen test, but was deemed counterfeit by the Secret Service after checking the serial numbers on the bills. Apparently, the pen is a useful tool but not always accurate. When in doubt, always call your local Secret Service and ask them to run the serial number.
Here are 8 ways to detect counterfeit bills:
- The bills numbers in the bottom right hand corner should change when shifting the bill – copper and green.
- All authentic US reserve notes have raised printing.
- If you notice significantly blurry borders, printing, or text, it is an automatic red flag.
- There should be small red and blue threads woven in and out within the fabric of the bill.
- If there is no watermark or the watermark is visible without being held up to the light, the bill is most likely a counterfeit
- If you hold any bill up to the light, you will see a security strip on an authentic bill.
- The newly printed $100 has an extra security feature. There is a visible blue security ribbon.
- Make sure the serial number matches the supposed series/run year printed on the right middle of the bill that is 3D.