March 15, 2017
Don’t Forget to Submit Your Nominations
Board of Directors Nominations
It’s that time of the year again and the Nominating Committee needs your input as selections are made for the 2017-2018 SCADA Board of Directors. Please click below to read and print the Nomination Form from Nominating Committee Chairman, George Gibbes.
Please consider the following when making your nomination(s):
- Dealers that are active SCADA Members.
- Dealers that are able to attend 3 Board meetings per year, plus Convention.
WHO CAN SERVE ON THE SCADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS, PER SCADA BYLAWS:
Section 4. AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE – Each member which is a person, firm, partnership or corporation shall appoint and designate in its application for membership, an individual associated with such member in said member’s place of business relating to the automotive industry, who shall in the absence of the member represent and act for the member in all the affairs of the Association. Such individual shall be known and referred to as the “Authorized Representative.”
Section 5. HOLDING OFFICE – The “Authorized Representative” of each voting member in good standing, provided said representative is a proprietor, a partner or an elected officer of a corporation, shall be eligible for election to the Board of Directors and to any office.
TIME Dealer of the Year Nominations
Nominations for the 2018 Time Magazine’s Dealer of the Year Award are being accepted now. The Nominating Ballot may be viewed and printed HERE and must be returned to SCADA before May 30, 2017.
The eligibility guidelines to be nominated for this prestigious award are:
- Be a financial success in his/her own dealership.
- Work in his/her dealership at least 60% of the time it is open for business.
- Have been an active member of SCADA for the past five (5) years.
- Be a current member of NADA.
- Be actively involved in the betterment of his/her community and state.
- Current directors of NADA are not eligible for the award.
- A Dealer may not be nominated by someone employed within his/her dealership operation.